Rental Boots and Trekking Poles with Free Delivery to Seabourn Quest
Though essential for wading in icy waters during Zodiac landings, the proper boots are bulky and heavy. By renting boots, you are guaranteed to have the best boot to stay warm and dry in Antarctica, while gaining space in your luggage.
Trekking Poles provide stability while ashore. Our rental poles are lightweight and collapsible, making them easy carry on the Zodiac, which will be your transportation to and from the ship.
Antarctic rental concierge service, with free delivery to the ship, is available for all Seabourn Antarctic sailings. Orders must be placed 30 days before embarkation date.
Antarctic Rental Service
- Orders must be placed up to 30 days before embarkation date.
- Orders 29 - 15 days before sailing accepted but limited boot sizes are available. Trekking poles availability may also be limited.
- Orders 14 - 7 days: may be possible through contacting Customer Care.
- Orders 6 days or less: sorry, rentals not possible.
- Rentals are delivered to and picked up from the ship.
- You will be advised about the procedure for returning your rental gear onboard.
- Rental period is per cruise. For back-to-back cruise rentals please contact us to arrange to keep the rentals for the full duration. Rental per cruise and only one deposit will be charged.
Rental Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation up to 30 days before ship embarkation date: full refund (rental and deposit, if deposit was paid)
- Cancellation 29 days or less before ship embarkation date: no rental refund (rental not refunded, deposit refunded if deposit was paid)
- Promotional discounts cannot be applied to rental deposit
- By renting, renter agrees to pay $100 per pair of boots and/or $70 for trekking poles, in addition to the rental fee, in the event that the rentals are not returned
- Please retain your receipt as proof of returns
Save Space, Rent Boots
Though essential for wading in icy waters during Zodiac landings, the proper boots are bulky and weigh between 4.5 lbs / 2.5 kgs to 6 pounds / 2.73 kgs. By renting boots, you are guaranteed to have the best boot to stay warm and dry in Antarctica, while gaining space in your luggage for expedition gear and clothing. Free boot delivery to the ship is offered through our Concierge Service.
Rest assured, all boots are sanitized after each rental using products that have been proven to work in U.S. high-end ski resort rentals.
About Rental Boots
Comfortable, insulated boots are essential for expeditions to Antarctica. The Zodiac Classic High Boots (our rental boots) are the top recommended boot for Antarctic peninsula expeditions and have been tested in Antarctica by expedition leaders. They are flexible, durable and rated to -40F/-40C degrees so your feet stay warm. We have a full range of womens, mens and childrens' sizes available.
If you do not wish to rent boots you may purchase boots:
The Sustainable Choice
As former expedition staff and avid outdoor enthusiasts, we care deeply about preserving the pristine regions of the planet for the explorers of today and tomorrow. Renting boots is the right environmental choice when they are unlikely to be worn again.